If you would like to learn how to record music in your own home using software such as Cubase and Reason. Learn about effects, EQ and various techniques to get a professional sound for your recording.
- Equalisation EQ bands and their musical relevance
- Microphones & Recording. Mic types, techniques and positioning for vocal, guitar and instrumental recording
- Effects. Compression, reverb, delay, chorus, flanging & pitch shifting
- Programming. Programming drum and synth phrases using a built-in drum machine and sequencer
- Synthesis. Envelopes, filters, oscillators and creating new sounds with a built-in synthesiser
- Sampling. Sampling and editing loops and creating new sounds
- Sequencing & Editing. Sequencing each of the above parts into an arrangement, effectively turning your PC into a multi-track recorder
- Mixing & Effects. Achieving the all-important final mix, using built-in mixers, effects units and dynamic processors
If you are sitting the Music technology section of the Leaving Cert I can help you with Sibelius and Muse Score software.
Essential for anyone interested in recording music at home.
I enjoyed finding my way around new programmes and learning how to use them.